Latest Steel News
Below you will find MEPS Steel News – the latest news from the global steel sector written by our steel market experts. You can sign up here, to receive the latest articles as soon as they are published.
- Will Turkey’s new stability target boost steel sector?06.06.2023Turkey’s steel sector is awaiting the outcome of the country’s new focus on “price stability” following the reappointment of Mehmet Şimşek as treasury and finance minister.
- Production cuts likely as stainless mills seek to bolster prices31.05.2023Measures to reduce stainless steel production are expected to become more commonplace as producers try to mitigate against price erosion, amid weak demand.
- US hot rolled coil prices decline sharply after April peak30.05.2023The US flat product market, which is historically vulnerable to peaks and troughs, is set for a downward correction after MEPS sources described current prices as “too high”.
- MEPS forecasts 2024 EU stainless steel market recovery26.05.2023MEPS senior consultant Kaye Ayub told attendees at this week’s British Stainless Steel Association (BSSA) annual conference to expect a European stainless steel market recovery in 2024.
- MEPS shines spotlight on stainless steel price trends25.05.2023Are stainless steel prices headed into a “downward spiral” amid weak demand and reluctance among buyers who anticipate a cut-price outlook?
- Driving evolution: Chinese exports and EVs shift automotive's steel demands23.05.2023Chinese car manufacturers’ appetite for growth in electric vehicles (EV) and a drive towards net carbon-neutral car production are set to reshape the automotive sector’s demand for steel during 2023 and beyond.
- Stainless flat prices fall as Q2 outlook deteriorates28.04.2023April is traditionally a slow month, in terms of activity, due to holidays in several countries. This year was no different.