Latest Steel News
Below you will find MEPS Steel News – the latest news from the global steel sector written by our steel market experts. You can sign up here, to receive the latest articles as soon as they are published.
- Indonesia drives global stainless steel output growth01.12.2021MEPS has upgraded its global crude stainless steel production forecast to 56.8 million tonnes, in 2021. A slowdown in Chinese output is being offset by stronger-than-expected activity in the rest of the world, particularly in Indonesia.
- EU stainless CR coil prices climb as supply tightens30.11.2021Stainless steel market participants remain cautiously optimistic regarding demand in 2022. This is despite a steady, month-on-month, slowdown in activity since the end of the summer period.
- EU & US cut a narrow path through Trump's trade wall25.11.2021Authorities in the United States and the European Union recently pledged to end their long-running trade dispute over steel and aluminium.
- 3 reasons Indian steel buyers should pay attention to coal prices10.11.2021China is in the midst of a well-documented coal shortage. Reduced output in the key mining region of Shanxi is being exacerbated by a de facto ban on imports from Australia.
- EU stainless steel buyers concerned about tight supply04.11.2021Scarcity of material and high prices will remain key features of the European stainless steel market, in the last few months of 2021.
- Canadian steel industry rebounds in 202103.11.2021Canada’s steel industry, which was adversely affected by both the coronavirus pandemic and low oil and gas prices in 2020, is recovering strongly. Steel consumption by the energy, construction and mining sectors has rebounded substantially this year.
- Asian stainless steel prices reach ten-year high28.10.2021The MEPS Asian average grade 304 hot and cold rolled coil prices, in October, stand at their highest levels since September 2011. Cold rolled coil transaction values have increased by more than 50 percent, in China, in the past twelve months. In Japan, fl