Latest Steel News
Below you will find MEPS Steel News – the latest news from the global steel sector written by our steel market experts. You can sign up here, to receive the latest articles as soon as they are published.
- Shift in US stainless market leads to rapid stock build28.07.2022In the period since April, a rapid shift in market fundamentals has occurred, in the US stainless steel sector.
- Global crude steel production fails to recover in June26.07.2022Figures from worldsteel show that global crude steel output came to 158.1 million tonnes in June – down 5.9% compared with the same month in 2021. Total outturn for the first half of the year is 949.4 million tonnes.
- Plate prices correct downwards after war-induced surge20.07.2022Fears about feedstock shortages in the European hot rolled plate market following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine have eased considerably in recent months.
- EU steel prices weaken further as summer holidays begin19.07.2022European steel prices continued to weaken this month. The general rate of decrease, however, decelerated. Wide price disparities exist between products and regions.
- API large-diameter pipe market recovery limited by capacity constraints06.07.2022Global oil and gas prices are currently at considerably higher levels than they were at the start of 2022. Brent Crude Oil is trading firmly above US$100 per barrel, whilst the Dutch TTF Gas Futures price has increased by more than 120 percent since the b
- UK extends safeguards as “free trade” argument persists05.07.2022In the post-Brexit environment, the British authorities have attempted to forge economic partnerships with many countries, around the world, away from the purported bureaucracy of the regional trading bloc.
- Inventory surge triggers rapid EU stainless price fall30.06.2022Stainless steel buying activity, in Europe, has remained considerably weaker than anyone anticipated following the decline in April.
- Soaring inflation weighs heavily on Czech steel market28.06.2022The inflation rate, in the Czech Republic, has surged above 15 percent – with the prospect of this rising further, in the near future.
- Price volatility plagues global steel market27.06.2022Global steel market participants report that they have never had it so tough when it comes to buying and selling steel. A unique set of economic and political circumstances has contributed to extreme pricing volatility, in recent years.