Latest Steel News
Below you will find MEPS Steel News – the latest news from the global steel sector written by our steel market experts. You can sign up here, to receive the latest articles as soon as they are published.
- Poland’s EU funding push could stimulate steel market26.02.2024Central Europe’s steel industry could benefit from an uplift in activity if the Polish government succeeds in its bid to unlock around EUR60 billion in European Commission funding.
- Year of the Dragon may not fire-up Asian steel market23.02.2024East Asia’s steel market participants appeared unlikely to benefit from the Year of the Dragon’s ‘luck and prosperity’ as market activity resumed following the Lunar New Year celebrations.
- MEPS insight: slow market weakens Italy’s steel prices07.02.2024The price growth prompted by steelmakers’ increased quotations on either side of the New Year period appears to be slowing in Italy's flat product market.
- Further flat product price rises doubtful in the US02.02.2024Flat steel product prices in the United States appear to be at a crossroads.
- Global steel production and capacity round-up, Jan 202402.02.2024Updates to antidumping duties, steel import sanctions and mill operations across the globe are among MEPS International’s latest round-up of developments affecting steelmaking production and capacity.
- Technical issues prompt EU CBAM reporting extension01.02.2024Technical issues have forced the European Commission to grant a one-month extension to its first Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism (CBAM) reporting period.
- China drives global stainless steel production growth31.01.2024China registered a double-digit percentage rise in stainless steel production to ensure that global melt shop output rose by 2.5% year-to-date in the first nine months of 2023.