Latest Steel News
Below you will find MEPS Steel News – the latest news from the global steel sector written by our steel market experts. You can sign up here, to receive the latest articles as soon as they are published.
- Global steel production and capacity round-up, Nov 202301.12.2023November’s key developments to steelmaking operations across the globe have been compiled by steel insight provider MEPS International.
- Automotive strikes’ end will settle US steel industry nerves27.11.2023The United States’ automotive supply chain will be hoping for a return to business as usual after workers at the country’s ‘Big Three’ carmakers agreed to new employment contracts. Members of the United Auto Workers (UAW) union have signed an agreement wi
- Accurate data vital for steel sector success in 202424.11.2023Steel price data will play a crucial part in ensuring the profitability of steelmakers, stockists and manufacturers in 2024, says MEPS International.
- Steelmakers' rising costs sharpen European energy focus21.11.2023European governments are coming under pressure to offer fiscal support to the steel industry in the new year. Energy costs remain elevated as a consequence of the Russia-Ukraine conflict and there are concerns that they could rise further this winter.
- MEPS helps family businesses celebrate 2023 successes10.11.2023MEPS International will be joining family businesses from across its home region to celebrate their successes at the Yorkshire and Humberside Family Business Awards 2023 this evening (November 10).
- Sustainable automotive sector’s steelmaking opportunity09.11.2023UK steelmakers could benefit from an emissions-cutting drive towards closed-loop automotive manufacturing, Stellantis senior vice president of circular economy president Alison Jones tells MEPS International.
- MEPS at Stuttgart’s BlechExpo steel industry trade fair07.11.2023A team of steel market experts from MEPS International will be among visitors at this week’s BlechExpo international trade fair for sheet metalworking.
- Global steel production and capacity round-up, Oct 202302.11.2023MEPS International has compiled the key investments and adjustments to steel producers' operations across the globe during October, 2023.
- Steel sector in recession faces unpredictable 202431.10.2023War, an unresolved energy crisis, high inflation and tightening economic conditions have created an uncertain outlook for the European steel industry’s recovery from recession.