Latest Steel News
Below you will find MEPS Steel News – the latest news from the global steel sector written by our steel market experts. You can sign up here, to receive the latest articles as soon as they are published.
- Hopes of European steel sector revival extend into 202420.10.2023Hopes are fading that the European steel industry could gain a welcome quarter four stimulus from trade negotiations at BlechExpo 2023.
- CBAM webinar now available to view ‘on demand’19.10.2023Businesses which export steel products to the EU now have ‘on demand’ access to a free webinar outlining the rules and repercussions of the European Commission’s Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism (CBAM).
- EU steel import quotas trigger tariffs for Q4 trading05.10.2023Hot rolled coil importers across Europe are weighing up the cost of duties after the European Commission’s ‘other countries’ quota was oversubscribed on day one of quarter four trading.
- UK steel imports resemble ‘a python swallowing a goat’04.10.2023UK steel market participants have been urged to have their say on an import quota system that triggers a scenario similar to “a python swallowing a goat” on a quarterly basis.
- MEPS International teams up with BSSA for CBAM webinar02.10.2023MEPS International has teamed up with the British Stainless Steel Association (BSSA) to deliver clarity on the Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism (CBAM) in a free-to-attend webinar.
- European stainless prices increase amid limited imports29.09.2023European stainless flat product prices continued to rise in September, despite end-user demand remaining subdued.
- MEPS debates future of stainless steel buying trends21.09.2023The future of stainless steel pricing models and the possibility of Amazon-style online buying platforms were explored in a MEPS International debate at the UK Metals Expo.