Latest Steel News
Below you will find MEPS Steel News – the latest news from the global steel sector written by our steel market experts. You can sign up here, to receive the latest articles as soon as they are published.
- Iron ore traders return to volatile market23.02.2022Iron ore markets started 2022 in a buoyant mood. Prices climbed above US$150 per tonne, in early February. They subsequently slipped, amid the Chinese authorities’ initiatives to discourage speculative trading.
- Asian steel market forecast to strengthen post Olympics18.02.2022Beijing has been at the centre of the sporting world as the Olympians donned their national colours during a two-week festival of winter sports.
- European plate demand positive but threatened by external factors17.02.2022Competitive resale values for hot rolled plate were noted in Germany, in early February, as several distributors sought to offload expensive purchases made in the middle of last year.
- EU market sentiment turns positive after price erosion17.02.2022European coil transaction values eroded slightly, in the second part of last month. Ample stock through the supply chain gave buyers time to consider proposed price hikes, and not react in panic.
- Stainless buyers cautious amid nickel price volatility31.01.2022Recent nickel price volatility is making European stainless steel market participants nervous – especially at a time when many fear that a price reversal is on the horizon.
- EU mills push for price hikes amid slow start to 202221.01.2022The European steel market started slowly in 2022. With Epiphany falling towards the end of the first week of the year, many supply chain participants delayed their return to work to January 10.