Latest Steel News
Below you will find MEPS Steel News – the latest news from the global steel sector written by our steel market experts. You can sign up here, to receive the latest articles as soon as they are published.
- As China takes a break, what is next for the global steel market?16.02.2021Steel trading in China may have fallen silent ahead of the Lunar New Year festivities, but it is the global steel market that is taking a breather following a turbulent 12 months.
- Container shortages restrict EU stainless steel imports03.02.2021The cost of container shipping from Asia to Europe has increased significantly in the past few months. This comes at a time when EU stainless steel buyers are faced with long delivery lead times
- EU stainless buyers face shortages as prices surge28.01.2021European stainless steel producers have raised their prices for 300 and 400 series hot and cold rolled coil multiple times throughout December and January.
- As scrap costs fall, what’s next for EU longs prices?25.01.2021A shift in conditions has taken place over the past few months in the global scrap market. A sudden change in the supply/demand balance resulted in scrap values escalating, between November and the middle of January. This has taken many in the European st
- Asian stainless mills withdraw offers as nickel surges23.12.2020Global stainless steelmakers are scrambling to adjust their pricing levels, due to rapidly escalating nickel costs.
- Challenging times ahead for North American steel buyers22.12.2020US prices for flat products are changing rapidly, almost on a daily basis. Aggressive pricing policies are being adopted by the steel producers. This is creating very challenging times for steel buyers.
- The rise and rise of iron ore21.12.2020Iron ore prices are soaring. Values reached approximately US$160 per tonne by the middle of December. This level was last recorded in early 2013. Demand growth, particularly in China, is driving the increase in the cost of the raw material.