Latest Steel News
Below you will find MEPS Steel News – the latest news from the global steel sector written by our steel market experts. You can sign up here, to receive the latest articles as soon as they are published.
- Mixed price trend for Nordic long products in October26.10.2020In Sweden, wire producers report a modest reduction in demand, this year. Activity in the automotive sector is now showing signs of recovery but price increases for wire rod, in October, were tempered by competition between suppliers.
- Nordic hot rolled flat consumption recovers slowly26.10.2020A gradual recovery in consumption is reported, in Denmark, supporting a modest price increase for hot rolled coil, in October.
- Brexit quota proposals unsettle UK structural market23.10.2020Many EU-based customers are reluctant to commit to orders with UK bar producers, due to concerns about the end of the Brexit transition period and its potential impact on trade legislation.
- French opinion divided about future price increases23.10.2020Hot rolled coil prices increased during October in northern Europe, but French coil buyers are divided about the prospects for further increases.
- Auto demand continues to drive Polish steel market21.10.2020Reports of medium to strong steel demand persisted throughout October in Poland, with exceptionally buoyant activity for hot dipped galvanised coil.
- Covid-19 resurgence causing concern for EU steel buyers21.10.2020The resurgence in Covid cases across Europe is a growing concern for steel buyers. Market participants are either delaying their purchases or increasing them, depending on their outlook and sentiment.
- EU implements further stainless steel import protection as Asian capacity grows14.10.2020The increasing dominance of stainless steel production by the Asian continent is not going unnoticed by the European mills. Low production costs and local raw material resources have attracted investments in new facilities in several Asian countries
- UK government announces details of post-Brexit steel safeguard measures01.10.2020The Department for International Trade, led by The Rt Hon Liz Truss MP, has released guidance for the safeguard measures to be applied on imports of steel products into the United Kingdom, following the conclusion of the Brexit transition period