Latest Steel News
Below you will find MEPS Steel News – the latest news from the global steel sector written by our steel market experts. You can sign up here, to receive the latest articles as soon as they are published.
- EU safeguarding measures to reshape steel imports mix28.06.2023The European Commission has confirmed the terms of its steel import safeguarding measures for the 12 months to June 30, 2024.
- Inflationary pressures curtail Central European steel demand27.06.2023The Central European steel market has many similarities to its counterparts in western, northern, and southern parts of the continent. However, there are several marked differences.
- Steel traders’ CBAM preparations should start now27.06.2023Steel traders should be preparing for the transition to the EU’s Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism (CBAM) with just three months to go until the reporting of embedded CO2 emissions on imported goods gets underway.
- Holidays cannot come quickly enough for EU stockists21.06.2023Commodity grade steel prices continued to decline across all products as demand faltered across Europe throughout May and into June.
- EU steel needs more than CBAM to meet green steel goals19.06.2023Financial support and energy sector reform must accompany the Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism (CBAM) for Europe’s steel mills to meet their emissions-cutting targets, it has been claimed.
- New water sources sought for Kryvyi Rih steel mill15.06.2023ArcelorMittal is seeking new water sources as part of efforts to implement a phased return of hot rolled coil production at its steel mill at Kryvyi Rih, Ukraine.
- ‘Water intensive production’ stalled at Ukraine steel plant09.06.2023ArcelorMittal is monitoring water levels at Ukraine’s Kakhovka reservoir after the breach in its collapsed dam forced the suspension of “water intensive production” at its Kryvyi Rih steel mill.
- EC investigation prompts steel import tariff changes07.06.2023The European Commission (EC) has listed the addition of country-specific tariff rate quotas (TRQ) for some steel imports from Malaysia among proposed changes to its existing safeguard measures.