Latest Steel News
Below you will find MEPS Steel News – the latest news from the global steel sector written by our steel market experts. You can sign up here, to receive the latest articles as soon as they are published.
- War returns to Europe - How will it affect steel feedstock?23.03.2022In the first part of this series, we analysed the effects of the Russia-Ukraine war on steel supply in Western Europe. In part two, we examine the implications for steel feedstock and energy costs.
- War returns to Europe - How will it affect steel supply?22.03.2022In this series of articles, MEPS analyses the effects of the Russia-Ukraine war on the steel market in Western Europe. In part one, we examine the implications for steel supply.
- Steel prices surge as war in Europe disrupts supply chains21.03.2022Prior to Russia’s invasion, EU steel producers were attempting to lift prices due to high costs, particularly for energy, but the success of the initiative was mixed.
- War returns to Europe – What does it mean for steel buyers?09.03.2022After weeks of escalating political tensions, Ukrainian fears of a Russian invasion came to fruition on 24 February 2022. European steel markets are rattled, as the repercussions of the war begin to spread across the globe.
- US stainless steel prices rise as ATI seeks Section 232 exemption04.03.2022US stainless steel producers raised their March alloy surcharges for austenitic stainless steels. The North American Stainless 304 flat product surcharge increased to US$1.3067 per pound – an eleven-year high.
- Stainless production to reach 58 million tonnes in 202228.02.2022MEPS estimates that world stainless steel output climbed by a double-digit percentage, year-on-year, in 2021. Global growth is expected to be three percent, in 2022.