Latest Steel News
Below you will find MEPS Steel News – the latest news from the global steel sector written by our steel market experts. You can sign up here, to receive the latest articles as soon as they are published.
- MEPS shines spotlight on stainless steel price trends25.05.2023Are stainless steel prices headed into a “downward spiral” amid weak demand and reluctance among buyers who anticipate a cut-price outlook?
- Driving evolution: Chinese exports and EVs shift automotive's steel demands23.05.2023Chinese car manufacturers’ appetite for growth in electric vehicles (EV) and a drive towards net carbon-neutral car production are set to reshape the automotive sector’s demand for steel during 2023 and beyond.
- Stainless flat prices fall as Q2 outlook deteriorates28.04.2023April is traditionally a slow month, in terms of activity, due to holidays in several countries. This year was no different.
- Global steel coil prices peak amid mixed market sentiment27.04.2023The MEPS World average hot rolled coil price exceeded US$1000 per tonne, in April, for the first time since the middle of 2022.
- EU mills’ price aspirations unsupported by the market21.04.2023From December last year, European flat product steelmakers successfully implemented regular price rises.
- EU stainless sector facing reduced demand and prices31.03.2023Hopes of a second quarter recovery in the European stainless steel market are fading. Stockists and distributors in the region report a weak demand outlook, following relatively low sales volumes in the first three months of 2023.