Latest Steel News
Below you will find MEPS Steel News – the latest news from the global steel sector written by our steel market experts. You can sign up here, to receive the latest articles as soon as they are published.
- UK Metals Expo interview: ISTA president Godfrey Watt29.08.2023International Steel Trade Association (ISTA) president Godfrey Watt has advised industry colleagues to “break away from Teams meetings” and get to know the sector ahead of the UK Metals Expo.
- North American longs prices forecast to decline in 202329.08.2023North American long product prices traditionally avoid the peaks and troughs witnessed for flat rolled steel.
- Mexico steel import levy targets ‘economic reactivation’21.08.2023Steel traders told MEPS International they had been shocked by the addition of 25 percent tariffs on certain products entering Mexico.
- Indonesian stainless steel exports investigated in EU18.08.2023The European Commission has launched an anti-circumvention investigation into imports of Indonesian-origin stainless steel cold rolled flat products from Taiwan, Turkey and Vietnam.
- Removing G20 trade barriers could boost decarbonisation10.08.2023G20 countries should remove trade barriers, exchange best practices and establish common standards for green steel to boost the sector’s decarbonisation plans, a new report concludes.
- MEPS International supports Family Business Awards04.08.2023MEPS International is preparing to celebrate business success through sponsorship of the Yorkshire and Humberside Family Business Awards 2023.
- MEPS forges Steel City partnership with Sheffield FC02.08.2023MEPS International’s new branding has been unveiled at Sheffield FC’s Home of Football Stadium after the steel market insight provider forged a partnership with the world’s oldest football club.
- US stainless price gap with rest of the world starts to narrow01.08.2023As reported in early June, stainless steel prices in the United States remain exceptionally high in comparison with those in the rest of the world.