Latest Steel News
Below you will find MEPS Steel News – the latest news from the global steel sector written by our steel market experts. You can sign up here, to receive the latest articles as soon as they are published.
- Strikes stall US car production for ‘Detroit Three’15.09.2023Automotive sector workers employed by three of the largest car manufacturers in the United States have triggered anxiety among steel suppliers.
- UK Metals Expo Q&A: Trasteel International trader Lauro Castelo12.09.2023The economic recovery of UK and Europe will top the agenda at the UK Metals Expo, according to Trasteel stainless steel trader Lauro Castelo.
- Visit MEPS for steel price insights at the UK Metals Expo11.09.2023Visitors to MEPS International’s stand at this week’s UK Metals Expo will benefit from face-to-face steel price insights and free access to its latest market review publications.
- UK Metals Expo interview: Paul Murphy of Brown McFarlane11.09.2023The steel industry’s push to reduce CO2 emissions will be a hot topic at UK Metals Expo 2023, but attracting the sector’s next generation of talent is also a key challenge.
- UK Metals Expo Q&A: Tata Steel UK’s Chris Wooffindin08.09.2023Tata Steel UK head of strategic marketing Chris Wooffindin believes significant volatility will remain a defining feature of the sector following a series of "black swan events" in recent years.
- UK Government launches steel safeguard extension review07.09.2023The UK Government has demonstrated a renewed focus on domestic steel production with the launch of a steel import safeguard extension review.
- UK Metals Expo Q&A: Langley Alloys director Rodney Rice31.08.2023Langley Alloys director Rodney Rice will be taking a break from a business which is booming on the back of demand from the aerospace, chemicals, gas and renewables to attend the UK Metals Expo.
- US stainless market resilient as EU mill profits slump30.08.2023In their latest financial results, European listed companies Acerinox, Aperam and Outokumpu, in most cases.